The moon lives in the lining of your skin.” ~ Pablo Neruda
Mirror, mirror on the wall, is what's inside really pretty at all?
Poor Queenie, I wonder what made her so cold, she was obviously not getting her fill even though she practically had it all. Consequentially, Snow White really suffered for it too.
Today I was thinking about vanity and trophies - whatever those may be to you (compliments, financial success, academic recognition,attention from the opposite sex...) Whether or not I like it - I admit that I have been sold to the world on several occasions. In this entry, i want to go into the 'why' a little bit.
Here's the thing, there's a passage in Matthew 6:24 that goes:
"No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."
The Papa (shack reference) who loves me and has been so faithful to me doesn't deserve to be treated as less than a friend of mine - he deserves more than that in the way i can only best describe as that of of a lover, husband, and devoted father. And for not doing so, I am immeasurably sorry.
It has been said time and time again that exterior beauty is going to fade, so will the temptations of this world (refer to what i said about trophies). I think we've been a bit de-sentitized to what that really means.
The pain of whatever dulled you to His divine love (in all the ways he expresses it) in the first place will also fade; it'll even heal if you surrender it to Jesus.
So; are the trophies filling the void? Are they making the cut? Who else is suffering because of your inner/outer conflicts? You still browsing that proverbial mall? (whole new meaning to 'shopping therapy' there huh?)
Today I resolve to stop looking for the insufficent 'healing' of this world and start receiving the resorative powers of new love and new life. Jesus please restore my heart to experience the thrill of 'first love' in a relationship with you.
Thoughtfully and truthfully yours,
Emma xox
![]() |
| My beautiful friend Sam. |


No comments:
Post a Comment