“I can feel guilty about the past, apprehensive about the
future, but only in the present can I act. The ability to be in the present
moment is a major component of mental wellness.”
-Abraham H. Maslow
There is much to be said about living in the present, but
what about when you’re having a tricky time over a trivial trial? How do you
keep yourself grounded in the present? I
know from experience that in the moment, trivial things can quite easily ‘get
to you’ by causing intense emotions, and possibly anxious feelings. I’m guilty
of letting those trivialities spoil my entire day.
Here is what I found helped me; hopefully it will do the
same for you. This is my logic: God gave you this day to do HIS work, right? So
with that in mind, we need to walk in the assurance that right now, we are a
small part of a very big picture, regardless, still very much cherished by God.
Understanding that God is the great orchestrator, he can do
anything and cares very much about how you are feeling in the moment since he
loves you so much. With that said, He wants to help you, and will – if you are
bold enough to ask for it. Trusting the great orchestrator, I found the burden
of the moment lifted.
In tricky and rather trivial situations/matters that were made
a ‘big deal’, I try to remember to lay down my pride as well as act gracefully
and sincerely. In this manner, I do what I must to make it right on my end.
After that, the ball is in the other person’s court. Leave it to God to work in their hearts and
yours, since he knows what both you need better that you know yourselves.
Recently, God reminded me of this question, “In fifty years,
will this matter?” So I ask you a related question. Is this trivial matter
worth a day of your happiness?
Do yourself a favor, discipline the little day thieves.
“To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others”. –Albert Camus
Lots of Love,
Emma xoxo

My wife would love all of your necklaces. I bought her a golden locket last year that she wears regularly. Hopefully for Christmas she will be able to show off some new accessories. http://missingpieces4u.com/Jewelry
ReplyDelete