-Tim Farrington, The Monk Downstairs
I sometimes wonder why we and myself choose not to see some people in 3D – for the
humans they are. As people who very much experience feelings and emotions such as
longing, satisfaction, disappointment, and loneliness.
Sometimes I catch my sister staring out the window while listening to a song on the radio and and I can't help but link this to how I think that the reason we identify with love songs and the like is proof that we are not the only ones out there feeling those very real emotions. Perhaps we prefer to turn a blind eye because it makes it easier to justify ourselves.
God, forgive me when I turn a blind eye in my selfishness and thank you for revealing to me the beautiful brokenness of people. By you we were made to be loved and hardening our hearts is a chosen state, just as how a blue jay is made to fly but chooses to land (Young, The Shack). I remember that we also respond to tenderness, warmth, affection, and understanding. God heal and rearrange me from the inside out. Darling Papa, please do me the honor of using me as a vessel of your healing love and kindness.
Sometimes I catch my sister staring out the window while listening to a song on the radio and and I can't help but link this to how I think that the reason we identify with love songs and the like is proof that we are not the only ones out there feeling those very real emotions. Perhaps we prefer to turn a blind eye because it makes it easier to justify ourselves.
God, forgive me when I turn a blind eye in my selfishness and thank you for revealing to me the beautiful brokenness of people. By you we were made to be loved and hardening our hearts is a chosen state, just as how a blue jay is made to fly but chooses to land (Young, The Shack). I remember that we also respond to tenderness, warmth, affection, and understanding. God heal and rearrange me from the inside out. Darling Papa, please do me the honor of using me as a vessel of your healing love and kindness.
Lots of Love, Emma
“This is real love--not that we loved God, but that he loved
us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.”
- 1 John 4:10 NLT

No comments:
Post a Comment